When eye patches were as popular as iPads! These sentimental, sherry sipping pirates don't need a GPS to find a "bevy of beautiful maidens" on the rocky coast of Cornwall, and their dutiful 21 year old apprentice, Frederic, doesn't need an app to help him figure out that his elusive leap year birthday won't occur until the distant date of 1940. Mellifluous Mabel doesn't need Twitter to trill her way to true love, and the panicked policemen don't need Facebook to face their fears of the better armed pirates - by hiding. But the prettily pattering "very model of a modern Major-General" might do well to search Google before "telling a terrible story" and then finding out that the revenge seeking pirates are really "all noblemen who have gone wrong." And you won't need a laptop, or any other technology, to summon up images of Queen Victoria pardoning her wayward, but loyal, subjects while you hum along to familiar tunes from Verdi to "Hail, hail the gang's all here." After all, who doesn't love a comeback? Wedding bells rejoicing ensue. (Don't worry - even a child doesn't need the internet to understand what this all means.)
- Friday, December 27 at 8:00 pm
- Saturday, December 28 at 2:00 pm – Family Overture – You’re invited to a free musical introduction and plot summary made entertaining and informative for the entire family (12:45 in the theater)
- Saturday, December 28 at 8:00 pm
- Sunday, December 29 at 3:00 pm
- Monday, December 30 at 3:00 pm – Bring Your Grandparents Day – Respect your Favorite elders with a pre-show family overture (1:45 in the theater)and a backstage tour featuring the character of your choice following the performance!
- Tuesday, December 31 at 8:00 pm – New Year’s Eve Gala – G&S’s most beloved score, The Pirates of Penzance, and a little bubbly at intermission is just the beginning. An exclusive invitation to the cast party afterwards, completes the elegant affair.